Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Bridal Shower Etiquette

Bridal Shower: Who's Invited to a Bridal Shower?

Q.

My matron of honor asked me to give her a bridal shower guest list. Do I invite all the women who will be invited to the wedding or just close family and friends? Also, I will be inviting several people from the East Coast to my West Coast wedding. Do I send them bridal shower invitations, even though I know they won't be able to attend, or will this look like a ploy to get more bridal shower gifts?

A.

You don't have to invite every woman who's invited to your wedding (think of the expense for your bridesmaids if you did!). The guest list should include your closest female pals and relatives (and your fiance's mom, sis, and other close female friends and family). As for far-flung guests, sending a shower invite is a nice gesture even if you know they can't attend -- it shows them that they're important to you and that you would have wanted them there.

No comments:

Post a Comment