Ok first an update. I am in DIY hell right now! The super cute invitations I bought to print, and put together myself have been quite a challenge. First up the printing; due to the size and shape of the paper NO copy machine in the state of Tennessee would recognize it. Ohh except the one at Kinkos ;) So, long story short, the invitations are at Kinko's and will be ready at noon. This weekend we will assemble all 120 of them! WOOT!
So a word of wisdom, if you are going to print your own invitations go with normal sized paper and shapes, no beveled edges!!! I am still coming out ahead on cost vs. ordering invitations, I just didn't want to have to add $52 of printing to my cost. Oh well, live and learn.
Who wants some free stuff? OHHH ME, ME, ME!
There are lots of give aways going on today....
- FREE MONEY, with I had known about this before I started all my online shopping: ebate.com just sign up and everytime you shop online you get $$$ from their sponsored companies.
- Brenda's Wedding Blog is giving away a $50 gift certificate to Nai Wedding Favors. See details here.
- Classic Bride is hosting a big do-it-yourself contest, giving away over $1000 worth of prizes. See the details here.
- Be A Planner is giving away a copy of the premiere issue Southern Weddings, signed by editor-in-chief Lara Casey. Though it was originally going to end on August 5, they've extended the contest for an extra week. See details here.
- OneWed has just launched Wedding Pre-Party, where you can invite all of your wedding guests to chat, share tips, post photos, and where couples can keep track of checklists and manage a free wedding website.
- Get a $55-value gift from Shutterfly when you use an American Express card to reserve your guest hotel room block through Hilton Family's group booking tool. More information here.
- If you're looking for a great charity to donate to in lieu of giving wedding favors, consider The Fresh Air Fund, a program that gives city children the chance to experience a summer in the suburbs or the country. Learn more here.
*Shout out to Snippet & Ink for all these great giveaway tips!!!
Post a Comment