Wednesday, August 26, 2009

1 MONTH TO GO!


We are in the home stretch! We are T-Minus 1 month and counting! I really can't believe how it has snuck up on us, then again we did this all in 100 days!

Updates from this week:
  • Monday night my mom, my brothers girlfriend, and I put together the first tissue paper pomander, it was surprisingly much easier than I thought, then again 3 of us and one pomander was cake! I think now we have the hang of it, the next 5 will go much easier.
  • Hair run through #1 was a eye opener, I still have NO earthly idea how I want my hair, and my veil is a bust, so I am on a mad hunt for a new one. The one I bought is just to darn big for the look I am going for.
  • I have confirmed all of my vendors at the 1 month mark (VERY IMPORTANT TO DO), Lottie my coordinator will do this again at the 1 week mark. I am meeting with her this weekend to finalize all itineraries and last minute details. *IMPORTANT NOTE HERE: Check your vendor contracts, many balances are due 30 to 15 days before the wedding.
  • I gave in and rented 180 black folding chairs, I just could not do white, and I got a great deal from Grand Central Party Rentals at $1.10 a chair. Not to mention they set em' up and take them home!
I am a known procrastinator, and I have lived my life my the rule "Oh, I'll get it done" let me advise you to NOT use this mentality with your wedding especially if you are doing 85% of it yourself like we are. Make your life easier by spreading craft and DIY projects out and not cramming them all in the week of the wedding, you'll go nuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment