Monday, August 10, 2009

Suck it in Ladies!


Since moving back home with mom and dad I now have access to the We Network (also known as the Bridezilla Channel). There is a show on the We network called "Bulging Brides" it is where they take a Bride 6 weeks out from her wedding and "transform her" before her big day. Some of these brides have 80-100lbs to lose and some only have 10-20lbs to go. Personally I could stand to lose 10 more before our big day, but my body thermometer has been pretty stuck at this weight for a while.

I thought I would share my regime with you and a few tips:
I am an avid exerciser and have tried just about every diet and exercise program under the sun, but the one thing that is the most constant and most effective is the P90X program, and I throw in bonus cardio. Studies show for the MOST effective weight loss you should do a minimum of 200 minutes of cardio a WEEK and 2 days of Strength training a WEEK. Add to that for Ladies a diet high in lean protein (Turkey, Chicken), good fats (ie nuts, olive oil, salmon etc), and low carbs full of WHOLE GRAINS not topping more than 1,500 calories a day.

My Weekly Plan:
Goal: 200 minutes of Cardio for the week
Goal: 3 Days of strength training

Monday- Triceps, Abs, Chest, and Shoulders
Tuesday- 60 minutes of Cardio (Zumba, Kickboxing, Spin)
Wednesday-Back and Biceps and 45 minutes of Cardio (Kickboxing)
Thursday- 45 Minutes of Cardio and 60 minute strength Training Class (Zumba or Spin)
Friday-Legs, and Back
Saturday-60 minutes of Cardio (Zumba or Spin)
Sunday- RELAX

This is an ideal week for me, and I am going to be religious about it for the next six weeks. I want to look my best for the big day, and our honeymoon cruise.

CAUTION: This works for me and is NOT for everyone. P90X is a program for people who are already in good shape that just need that extra boost, please choose a program that is comfortable and appropriate for you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment