Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Signed, Sealed, Delivered!


Ok, the Invitations are done (THANK THE LORD), if you are going to DIY invitations PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE look to see what is involved FIRST before you buy them. NO one wants to have to tape 120 ribbons to each card stock, and tack on the invitation! Any whooo, they are done and my mom is putting them in the mail today! Thanks mom!

I had my very first Bridal Shower this weekend, and I have to tell you D and I already need a bigger place! I had to hang shelves to make a pantry just so we could empty out the cabinets, but somehow we made it all work. I received some really wonderful things, and got to see all my friends and most of my family. It was a great time, and the Bridesmaid's did a wonderful job pulling it all together (they rock!!!)

This week, I am doing Thank you cards, and going to try to enjoy a little downtime, I need to take a step back and remember that I am getting married and stop letting the stress take focus. Jackie my MOH sent me a great e-mail I needed to read, that helped me put things in perspective. At the end of the day I need to focus on the big picture and quit sweating the small stuff. The wedding will come together, it will be beautiful, and it won't be perfect I need to accept that! Just a little advice to you Brides to be out there, take some time for you and your honey after all you two are what this is ALL about!

Link to the story I read: The Mayonnaise Jar and 2 Beers

No comments:

Post a Comment